Housing Choice Voucher
A resource for Housing Choice Voucher participants and landlords
One of the most important responsibilities for program participants is to report to changes to income and household size.
All forms for reporting changes are available for download, by request from your Rent Assistance Services Coordinator, or by visiting a Home Forward office. Make sure each form is signed and dated by all adults in the household. For rent to be adjusted the next month, all completed forms must be submitted before the 15th of the current month. For income changes, there are different steps to follow depending on whether your household income increases or decreases. Follow the steps below for each situation.
- When a household has no income, any new income for a household member must be reported within 10 business days of the change.
- Click here for a flyer with examples of when you are required to report increases to your incomes. Here are the steps to follow:
- Complete the Reporting a Household Income Increase form
- To report a new job, have the employer complete form V-1 “Verification of Employment Status”
- For any other new income, attach verification of the new income
- Complete the Reporting a Household Income Decrease form
- To report changes in employment status, have the employer complete form V-1 “Verification of Employment Status”
- To report decreases in other types of income sources, attach verification of the decreased income
- If the adult reporting a decrease in income now has zero income, complete form P-29 “Statement of Zero Income”
Report the new child within 10 business days of their birth, adoption, or court-awarded custody. Documentation may be required.
- Complete the Adding a Child to Your Household form
- Complete the Declaration of Citizenship or Eligible Immigration Status form for the new child
- Provide a copy of the birth record or custody/adoption/foster care documentation
- Provide copy of the social security card or SSN recertification
Please contact Home Forward’s Section 8 office at (503) 802-8333, option 4 to request to add an adult. After we receive your request, and the packet of completed required documents, we will screen the news adult for meeting eligibility requirements. We will also contact your landlord to see if they will approve adding this person to your lease. We will then schedule an appointment to meet with your Rent Assistance Services Coordinator to complete the process to add the adult to your household.
The Add Adult packet of required documents includes:
- Certification of Citizenship Status
- Verification of Employment Status
- Statement of Zero Income